Thursday, June 2, 2011

Teams in the running fo sports wear challenge


Tomorrow there are a few teams in the running for what I will wear. From left to right (photos is not the best and non-Australians may not be familiar with 2 of these teams) is the Brisbane Bronocs, Cronulla Sharks and Boston Red Sox.  The Broncos and Sharks are Australian Rugby League teams, I grew up in Brisbane and Rugby League is one of the most popular sports in that region of the country.  Now I am a little torn here because my childhood team was Cronulla when Brisbane did not have a team in the national league.  The Broncos were an expansion team that joined in 1988 and represent my home town.  Tomorrow morning (5:30 am ET) are playing each other, I will up to watch it for sure.  So one of these teams is definitely on the wear list.  Red Sox are playing the A's later on East Coast time.

I am going to introduce a new rule to bring in another sport that I follow closely.  Today the Memorial tournament started and there are 8 Aussies in the field that I am following.  If one of them is towards the top of the leaderboard at the end of the day then I will wear an item of clothing (e.g. hat, shirt) from one of their sponsors on Friday in support.

No comments:

Post a Comment