Saturday, June 4, 2011

What's going on in my sports world today - Bruins, French Open, golf and more!

Another beautiful day here in Boston.  Great run of weather we are having in the moment so it was up to the deck again for morning coffee.  I am so fired up for Stanley Cup finals game 2 tonight.  Game 1 was a devastating loss for the boys but I am confident they will be back tonight with a good showing.  So important they take a game out west and come back to Boston full of confidence.

Yesterday's win by Federer was one of the best games I have seen in a long time.  To beat a red hot unbeaten Djokovic on clay at the French Open is a huge feat.  I watched the whole game and I could not take my eyes off the screen.  Roger really kicked it into gear when it counted and to see him play like that was a real pleasure.  What a champion.  Nadal is also in top form and tomorrow's final will be a cracker of a game not to be missed.  Today is the women's final which is on now!  Na Li took the first set against Schiavone.   Hard not to root for either of these ladies.

Tough loss for the Reds against the Brumbies this morning, managed to catch the last 10 minutes but by then the Reds looked totally out of gas.  The Reds are still on top of the Super Rugby 15 table and look certain to be in the playoffs.  After a lean few seasons for the Reds the last few year its great to see them on top as a Queenslander.  Brumbies are on the bottom and it makes you wonder where has the commitment they showed in this game been all year?  The Waratahs are hanging on to the last wild card spot and they will have a fight over the next couple of games to keep that position.

Lastly in golf I have to mention a couple of Aussies who are towards the top of the leaderboard at the PGA event the Memorial.  Fellow Queenslander Rod Pampling (he is actually from Redcliffe, just across the bridge from my home suburb of Sandgate in Brisbane) is 3 shots behind the leader Steve Stricker.  Rod had a tough year last year and lost his card but got a sponsor's exemption to this event and is making the most of his chances.  Today I am wearing a Cleveland hat (his sponsor) in support of him today.  Fellow Aussie Aaron Baddeley is one shot further behind and well in the hunt.

That's it from me for today and I will be glued to the screen for the Bruins tonight.  Throughout the day I will have a close eye on the golf leaderboard hoping that Rod and Aaron put together some good scores!





This hat barely fits my head!   I either have a fat noggin or it is a misshapen hat you be the judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment