Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Narrowed my list of British Open winners to 20

This Thursday the 3rd golf major of the year the British Open will be played at Royal St Georges in Kent England.   The British Open is famous for long shots winning the title including Louis Oosthuizen last year, Ben Curtis in 2003, Todd Hamilton in 2004 and John Daly in 1995 in recent years.  Part of the reason is that the tournaments are played on links style courses, often with high winds and bad weather which can cause unpredictability in play.

This year I am going to stick my neck out and make some predictions on who I think will win.  I have narrowed down the field of British Open players to 20 using my secret formula.  Tomorrow I will make my picks including long shots, who I want to win etc.

Feel free to comment good or bad!

Adam SCOTT, Australia
Ben CRANE, USA
Bubba WATSON, USA
Darren CLARKE, Northern Ireland
Dustin JOHNSON, USA
Ernie ELS, South Africa
Graeme McDOWELL, Northern Ireland
Henrik STENSON, Sweden
Hunter MAHAN, USA
Ian POULTER, England
Jason DAY, Australia
Justin ROSE, England
Lee WESTWOOD, England
Martin KAYMER, Germany
Matt KUCHAR, USA
Phil MICKELSON, USA
Robert ROCK, England
Ross FISHER, England
Steve STRICKER, USA
Zach JOHNSON, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment