Friday, October 1, 2010

What's on my sports radar this weekend

Friday afternoon, time to wrap up work and start thinking about the weekend.  For me that usually means where are we going to meet for drinks, where are the wife and I going to go for our weekly steak dinner.  It is also the time I start to plan out my sport watching weekend.

Fri night - Going to try to catch some of the Red Sox game while I'm out, the Sox may be out of it but it's still the Yankees damn it!  Later in the evening a few Aussie blokes are getting together for the Aussie Rules grand final replay.  Not a huge Aussie Rules type of guy so this is optional.

Saturday - Due to prior commitments (I  promised my sister-in-law I would help with her kitchen renos) I am going to miss my beloved Chelsea v Arsenal game.  If I wasn't doing that (or if I can get out of it) I would go to the Plough and Stars in Cambridge to watch the game with the other Boston Chelsea fans.  Otherwise I always have the iphone.  Go Blues!

Very early Sunday morning - Watching the Rugby League Grand Final with a few Aussie mates.  Sydney Roosters v St George Illawarra.  Not to be missed.  The biggest day for Rugby League in the year!

While I'm up may as well watch the Ryder Cup.  Why not?

Sunday afternoon - Going to the Red Sox game v Yankees at Fenway.  Should be a great day.  Will be following all the NFL games and my fantasy football team via my trusty iphone.  After the game sure we will be hitting Landsdowne street to catch the 4pm NFL games.

Monday night - My Patriots v Dolphins!  I'm counting it as the weekend.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment